All judges at sanctioned MLFA competitions must be trained in the use of the MLFA Rules and Rubrics.
Head Coaches are responsible for her/his judges EACH year.
Returning judges must still be refreshed (either by sponsoring coach or by training session).
ALL persons who will judge during the 2019 competition season must be recertified each year.
Before the Competition Season:
HOST a Judge Training Session (20-21 coming soon)
Working List of Judge Training Sessions (20-21 coming soon)
Contact the training session host for more information and to reserve your spot.
- Judge Training Materials – password protected
- Judge Certification Test – Each person who will be a judge MUST complete this test to be certified for the 19-20 season
- Training Video
- Additional Training videos
- Judge Quiz – linked on password protected page listed above
- 2020 Rules & Rubrics shared Google Folder
- 2020 Judge Registration
- All judges and coaches must be trained, certified (passed test), and registered BEFORE attendance at a meet.
During The Competition Season:
Despite the many volunteers who host meets, judge performances, and tally results, there are times when a concern may arise at or after a competition. Below are links to the various reporting forms where the school coach may address an issue with the association leadership. ALL parent concerns must FIRST go to the school coach.
HEAD COACH will use this link in the event to report a judging concern regarding a rubric score and/or comment – This reports directly to the Judging Standards and Practices Chair, Joe Danek
HEAD COACH will use this link in the event there is a concern with the practices at a sanctioned meet (tab room, check-in, safety concern, etc) – This reports to the Tournament Practices and Procedures Chair, Kathryn DeLapp
HEAD COACH will use this link in the event there is a concern with the rules and/or infractions of the association categories. – This reports to the Category Rules & Rubrics Chair, Deb Uttech
- Other concerns? Follow this link to the Executive Board page