All judges (new and returning) must be trained at a sanctioned judge training. Head coaches are not allowed to train their own judges.
Judge Training & Registration Materials
- A Judge Speechwire Review session will be hosted prior to State on March 12th at 3:00 PM. To RSVP, CLICK HERE.
Judge training sessions for the 2023 season have already taken place.
- Here is a list of judges who have attended training and taken the certification test.
- 2023 Judge Certification Test & Registration – Each person who will be a judge MUST complete this test to be certified & registered for the season.
Resources for Judges
- Judge Handbook – PRINT this! It will make your life much easier!
- Handbook includes:
- Instructions for every type of tournament
- Etiquette Statement
- Possible rubric comments
- Category Rules & Rubrics
- Impromptu Judging & Timing Instructions
- and more!
- Handbook includes:
- Speechwire E-Ballot Refresher (video below)
- Speechwire – Judging a Power Round (video below)
- Speechwire & E-Ballot FULL Tutorial / Instructions (video below)
- Virtual Impromptu Speaking Video Instructions (video below)
Concerns / Reporting
Below are links to the various reporting forms where the school coach may address an issue with the association leadership. Only head coaches should fill out these forms.
Judge Concerns Online Reporting Form Competition Concerns Online Reporting Form Category Rules and Infractions Online Reporting Form
Other concerns? Email the executive board at firstname.lastname@example.org!
20 thoughts on “Judges”
Will there be any other trainings? we were late stating our team and one of my judges can’t make wednesday. Just wondering
Same here. I am here for Jan 16th, 6 pm training. The Zoom says – The meeting is scheduled for Jan 2. is there a new link?
trying to get on the zoom judge training but it’s not starting?
I’ve come to do the 1/16 training, but the link doesn’t work
Me to. Help!
Janet from KM is calling him now. I informed him there were several without a working link.
Where do you register the judges for your school that have completed the judges’ training, or are they automatically registered after they take the test at the end of training?
Looking forward to great season.
Looking forward to the meets.
When will the judges’ schedule and information for returning judges be available?
When will the registration for judges training open?
I don’t know of there is a formal registration since we are getting the links ahead of time. I would suggest emailing: email@example.com – letting them know which date you/your judges will be attending and which school.
Hi! I am currently an undergraduate student at UW-Madison and am interested in becoming a judge for middle school forensics this year! I was super involved with forensics at Badger Middle School, in West Bend, WI, and would love to become involved once again! Do I have to be registered with a school or can I be a judge without any school affiliation? I’m not sure what my options are, given that I don’t have ties to any schools in the area.
Any information would be great!
Sorry for the late reply. Since you have connections at Badger Middle School; I would contact that forensics program and get on their list of judges. Welcome back to Forensics!