Final Schedule, Reminders, and Announcements
First, I want to share with you the finalized tournament schedule. Next, I wanted to provide some reminders, tutorials, and “to dos” that may help you reach registration day successfully.
- To Do ASAP: Make sure that you can login to the MLFA Tournament Scheduler (which will be used for any non-Speechwire tournaments. To do so, head over to the scheduler, hit the drop down menu and click on your school. Then, input your password. Forgot your password? Don’t see your school name? Contact me ASAP!
- To Do ASAP: Make sure that you can login to your Speechwire coach account (or create one if you are new). Follow “STEP 1” instructions on this document to create a brand new account. If you are the new head coach, but your school already has an account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust the account settings to your information. If you have forgotten your password, simply click “forgot password” to reset it.
- To Do ASAP: Send the following request to your IT Department. “Your school or district may be blocking email from SpeechWire to students. If so, either use a different address or ask your IT department to whitelist email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email SpeechWire support about undelivered email until after you have asked your school to unblock these addresses.” Please note that if for some reason your school/district refuses to whitelist the above addresses, a student simply cannot receive email from SpeechWire, but you can click their name in your team roster and click the button to manually set their password, which you could then send to them yourself so they can log in.
- Collect in November/December: Students need to sign at least two agreements to compete with the MLFA. They need to sign the MLFA Code of Conduct and the Email/Digital Info Release.
- Collect and note BEFORE winter break: Have students select categories and sign up with you for specific tournaments.
- To Do in November/December: Gather judges for your team. Share the judge training sessions dates with them and ask them to commit to some of the tournaments on your schedule. Note their choices. Judge training will take place virtually on 1/10, 1/12, 1/16, 1/18, and 1/23 from 6:00-7:30 PM. There will also be a session on 1/14 from 8:00-9:30 AM. More info about RSVPing / accessing these trainings will be shared at a later date. Veteran judges (has judged the past 3 consecutive seasons) will be allowed to partake in a shorter version of the training on those same dates. Joe Danek and his appointed people will run sanctioned training sessions. Coaches are not permitted to train their own judges.
- To Do in November/December: In your Speechwire coach account, add students to your team’s roster. This should be done after the IT department makes the updates noted above. Instructions on how to do this can be read here in “Step 2” or viewed here in a video tutorial.
- January 7th, 2023 – Register for Tournaments! Make yourself available and be prepared to register as soon as tournaments open! Registration will begin at 9:00 AM and will be over by 10:00 AM. You must have fairly accurate numbers to input into each tournament. 9:00-9:30 AM will be registration for tournaments that are using the MLFA Tournament Scheduler. 9:30 AM-10:00 will be registration for tournaments that are using Speechwire. Click HERE for the exact breakdown of when each tournament will open. Included within the document are links to share more details about HOW to register for tournaments on each platform.
All of the links embedded above – in addition to plenty more resources – are posted to the MLFA Website. The Coaches page as well as the other pages on the website are filled with useful information that may help you along the way! Please, reach out with any questions you may have.
More details about registering for judge training (which will take place in January) will be shared ASAP.
Thanks for all that you do to bring forensics to your school and students!
2 thoughts on “Final Schedule, Reminders, and Announcements”
When will the new schedules of tournaments for January-March of 2023 be ready
They are posted in the message you commented on as well as on our website. Check out the coaches page for links to the finalized schedule.
Comments are closed.